BTLPT Writing Prep Course
This Spanish writing prep course will help prepare you for the written expression component of the Bilingual Target Language Proficiency Test-Spanish (TExES #190). It is a four-week course (plus a week of writing practice and resources).
Before the course begins, participants will be requested to complete a free online diagnostic to determine readiness for the course. The diagnostic gives the instructor/language coach baseline information for each participant. The instructor/language coach provides individual feedback based on the participant’s work.
The Online BTLPT-Spanish Writing Prep Course requires a high level of Spanish proficiency and daily responses from the participant. Even though you will work at the time of day that is most convenient for you, your work needs to be submitted each day in order for you to receive feedback. Feedback from your classmates and your language coach offer you the most benefits toward improvement and preparation.
The course is designed to train teachers how to address the three types of written responses contained in the BTLPT:
- response to letter, memo, or email
- lesson plan
- opinion/position essay
Topics covered in the course include:
- the writing process
- writing rubrics and tips
- capitalization and punctuation
- Spanish spelling and grammar
- Instruction delivered online — no travel to Texas A&M University required
- Convenient and flexible
- Course gives participants time to practice their Spanish writing
- Participants earn 50 hours of professional develoment upon completion of the course
- Scholarships available for certified Texas teachers