BTLPT Prep Course
The Online BTLPT-Spanish Exam Prep Course offered by the Bilingual Education Program of Texas A&M University is designed to support teachers through daily instructor-participant interaction. This four-week course addresses the types of questions included in the BTLPT-Spanish: multiple choice questions for listening and reading comprehension, spoken prompts for oral proficiency, and written prompts for written expression. The course was designed around the competencies that are tested on the BTLPT-Spanish exam (TExES #190). The course is three weeks (plus an extra week of resources).
The Online BTLPT-Spanish course requires a high level of Spanish proficiency and daily responses from the participant. Even though you will work at the time of day that is most convenient for you, your work needs to be submitted each day in order for you to receive feedback. Feedback from your classmates and your language coach offer you the most benefits toward improvement and preparation.
The weekly lessons are divided into lectures to provide you with background knowledge and tips about the exam, practice quizzes, discussions to share your thoughts and reflections with your classmates and language coach, and assignments for you to submit for personal feedback from the language coach.
Topics covered in the course are:
- multiple-choice questions (listening and reading)
- oral expression (speaking)
- written expression (writing)
- technology instruction on setting up headphones/microphones on a computer, using a digital timer to monitor self-response length, and creating and sending sound files
- Instruction delivered online — no travel to Texas A&M University required
- Convenient and flexible
- Course gives participants time to practice for the BTLPT
- Participants earn 40 hours of professional develoment upon completion of the course
- Scholarships available for certified Texas teachers